Sunday Worship: 10.00am every Sunday
6.00pm every 4th Sunday
Address: Wesley Road, Brigg, DN20 8TR
Minister in pastoral charge: Rev. Ian Wales, 01652 658268
Contact minister for enquiries regarding baptisms, marriages & funerals
Alternative worship is planned once a month, and Cafe Worship once a quarter.
There is a small team of worship leaders, and a leadership team that is prepared to pilot new ways of engaging people in worship.
There is a prayer room which is available before each service from 10am.
Fellowship and refreshments are available after the service.
Evening Worship takes place once a month. When there are 5 Sundays in the month, this becomes a united service with St Mary’s (RC), and St John’s (C of E).
There is a monthly Taize style worship which takes place at St John’s.
We are developing a contemporary form of evening worship that will run in series with Barton Methodist Church.
Brigg Methodist Church has a strong sense of fellowship. Many of our members say they knew they were ‘home’ when they first worshipped here, and we hope that will be your experience too!
We believe that the church is the people, and our mission statement is…
– to sustain and develop a committed Christian presence
– to promote greater awareness of church activities in the local community
– to recognise and support the needs of people within the wider world
Whilst cherishing our Methodist heritage, we are blessed in being able to share with other local Christian churches, and pray that together we may be able to put into practice the commands of Jesus.
The church is active within Churches Together, and takes part in the bi-monthly Leaders’ Fellowship. Over the last year this has seen the opening of the Churches Together shop and the start of the fortnightly Costa Fellowship.
The premises are very well maintained and versatile, and comprise a sanctuary, with removable seating suitable for cafe worship etc. There are also sliding curtains to a small hall, coffee lounge, prayer room, and vestry/circuit office. The prayer room is available to all groups, and also available for separate bookings to other groups wishing to make use of this facility.
The church has a very strong sense of community, and offers support for many town events, particularly through Brigg Town Partnership. The church has recently joined the partnership as an associate member, and fully supports the town’s annual ‘Brigg Posada’, and the ‘Blessing of the Pumps’ festival.
Regular Church Meetings
– Bible Fellowship (Housegroup) – 7pm
– Costa Coffee Fellowship – 10.30am 1st & 3rd Tuesdays. This is a Churches Together fellowship. that is open to all. Often led by a guest speaker and involving time for discussion, prayer and fellowship.
– Wednesday Group – fortnightly September to April.
– Coffee morning in the coffee lounge in church 10-12am.
– Prayer meeting 10.30am on the second Thursday of the month, in church.
– Churches Together Shop 10-2pm (75 Wrawby Street)
– Luncheon Club – 4th Friday of the month.
– Churches Together Shop 10-2pm (75 Wrawby Street) on Farmer’s Market Day – every 4th Saturday.
In addition, the following regular events take place within the church building…
– Brigg Singers 7.30 – 9.30pm
– Weight Watchers – 9.30 – 11.30am
– Job Club – 2 – 4pm
– Slimming World – 5.15 & 7.15pm
– Slimming World – 10.00 – 11.30am
– Brigg Gardening Club (1st Thursday – October – May)